- 750g Fresh Beetroot
- 500ml Malt Vinegar or Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Pickling Spices (or your chosen spices)
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Litre Jar
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar (Optional)
- In a saucepan, bring your vinegar, salt, sugar and spices to the boil to make your pickling liquid.
- Top and tail your beetroot. Add to a separate pan, bring to the boil and then simmer until tender. This should take approx. 45 minutes depending on the size of your beetroot and slightly less for baby beetroot.
- Once the beetroot is cooled enough to touch, peel off the skin and slice or cube. If you are using baby beetroot you can use these whole.
- Put your beetroot in your jar and cover with your pickling liquid, including the spices, and leave to cool
- Once cooled, tightly lid your jar and place in the fridge or keep in a cool place
Consume within 3 months