- 750g Granny Smith Apples, Sliced
- 500ml White Wine Vinegar, Apple Cider Vinegar or Distilled Malt Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Pickling Spices (or your chosen spices)
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Litre Jar
- In a saucepan, bring your vinegar, salt, sugar and spices to the boil to make your pickling liquid then leave to cool.
- Slice your apples and fill your sterilised jar with them.
- Pour your cooled vinegar over the apples, making sure they are completely covered.
- Tightly lid your jar and place in the fridge or keep in a cool place.
- Thin slices of apple don’t take long to pickle so you can eat your pickled apples after a few hours for a freshly pickled taste. Alternatively, leave to mature for a further couple of weeks for a deeper flavour.
Consume within 3 months